Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Gotta Start Somewhere

So I thought I would start at the beginning:

I was almost named Cinnamon.

Yes, my mother, in all of her infinite wisdom, almost named her daughter Cinnamon.

She obviously didn't consider that being named after a spice would either turn me into a hippie or a stripper. Luckily she met another little girl named Cinnamon just before I was born, and decided that since it was no longer original, it was also no longer worth the potentially life altering trauma. I would like to thank The Original Cinnamon for taking that burden upon herself. I owe you one.

And yet...

There is something distinctly intriguing about being named after a food. I am currently reading
Five Quarters of the Orange which features such luscious food names as Framboise, Cassis and Pistache (it takes place in France), and I find myself thinking about having a little Pamplemousse of my own someday...ok, ok, not really. But, for a person who loves food, like myself, there is something kind of cosmic about having (or almost having) a food name. Like you have been fated to love to eat, cook and think food. So, while I may not be Cinnamon by name, part of me feels like my brush with food naming may have kickstarted my loved for all things edible. And hence, this little blog.

Here I plan to post about food I cook and eat, my various food musings and of course general praise and criticism for the food related things in my life. I hope you enjoy, and I hope to hear from you if you care to correspond.

So, happy eating to us all, and talk to you soon!

xo,
C

3 comments:

  1. This is a humorous start. Who knew my earlier name musings would one day pro vise fodder for a blog! Looking forward to many more postings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added you to my Google Reader. You're officially legit.

    ReplyDelete